Wednesday, March 26, 2014

On My Table - Sculpey Premo Earrings


I'm working on some earrings, and I thought I would share some pictures of them with you.  I think I might make a bracelet out of this design too.  I chose four different colors of polymer clay and pressed them onto a stamp.  These are stamps I have had for a while, they are the Martha Stewart Create Camellia Set, and as far as I can tell they are no longer available.  I used Sculpey Premo Accents polymer clay (bronze, peacock pearl, silver, and purple pearl) and just made them as flat as possible without making them weak.  I used Martha Stewart glitter (brownstone, lapis lazuli, sterling, and charlotte), and a mix of different colors of Apple Barrel and FolkArt paints.  I just mixed white with a coordinating color to make a top coat a shade lighter than the clay.  I brush it on over the top of the texture, not into the impression, and the sprinkle with a coordinating shade of glitter.  The little flowers are for another project.  A secret project.  I can't tell you about it yet.  


I love the texture of this stamp.  By the way, the polymer clay is almost impossible to remove from clear acrylic stamps, so use some sort of release if you want to use the stamp for something other than clay.  


I used a paisley texture stamp from Cool Tools for the back and coated with an almost black acrylic paint and sprinkled that with black onyx glitter.  Next I will coat these with Pledge FloorCare Multi-Surface Finish (aka Future Floor Wax), then punch some holes and add beads and components.  

No comments:

Post a Comment