Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Helpful Links for Metal Clay Beginners (BronzClay and CopprClay)

Here are some links that I found helpful while figuring out my kiln and how to use metal clay.  Please keep in mind that I have a Paragon SC2, and I use BronzClay and CopprClay.  I have my own firing schedule that I figure out after doing a bunch of research and some trial and error.  I had to lower the temperature of my kiln much lower than recommended, I think by almost 100 degrees, but my pieces kept blistering.  I am still working out the kinks with CopprClay.  
This really is tough stuff, so if you have taken on the challenge to learn this medium, congrats and best of luck.  If I can help in any way at all, just shoot me an email (nativebloom@outlook.com).  I'll keep adding to this as I go along.



How to Choose a PMC Kiln by Lake Erie Artists

BronzClay Troubleshooting by Cool Tools

Magic Carbon Instructions by Cool Tools

Creating with CopprClay

CopprClay Firing Guide by Wanaree Tanner

Temperature Tweeking by Wanaree Tanner

The Care and Feeding of Your Paragon Kiln by Pam East

PMC Connections Health, Safety, and Copper-Based Metal Clay (Copper I) and Health, Safety, and Copper-Based Metal Clay (Copper II)

Experimenting with White Bronze by Studio 28

Creating Bronze Jewellry - Firing Times by PMC Tips

An Etsy Forum by Metal Clay Heads on Firing Schedules

BronzClay Fail by Studio McManus

Problems in Firing BronzClay by All Things Metal Clay

Enamel Tests on CopprClay by About Art and Other Stuff

Firing and Enameling Art Copper Clay by Pam East

BronzClay and CopprClay Programming for Kilns 703-117 and 703-118

Hattie Sanderson's Top 25 Metal Clay Tips and Tricks




No comments:

Post a Comment